|Advice from Victoria at My Curls|
Firstly, you have to realise that no one child’s hair is the same. Indeed, just to make things more difficult, all the children in the same family do not necessarily have the same hair texture. Mixed African hair comes in all different strand thicknesses and can be anything in the range from wavy loose curls to tight afro. Some hair types are fine whilst, others are coarse. Whatever the type, if it is not very similar to your own, you will need to try out different products and work out the best regime and hair care routine for you and your child.
- I love this article by Victoria at My Curls. and what's really great, if you register, Victoria will give you free expert advice.
- I like this article by Nadia Guled In She Does the City 17/7/13 The Politics of Black Hair
- This is an interesting article by Beauty Pulse
- This is a great article with fab tips for caring for mixed and curly hair London Mums Magazine
- This is a great dictionary of natural hair care terms from Urban Bush Babes
- This is an informative article by Black Ballard
I am compiling a Directory of Mixed Race Hairdressers in the UK. If you know a great hairdresser who is competent in styling the mixed range of hair types, please forward details to me