In my experience people are interested in true stories as it helps them to relate to how others feel and experience their lives.
To participate and to be featured on the Mixed Race Family blog, please send an email to email@example.com telling me about your Mixed Race Family identity (e.g Black African and White British or Asian and Black Caribbean) and attach a high-quality photo of yourself (as well as a family or childhood photo, if you like) along with your story. We welcome submissions from people in mixed relationships and well as people who have racially mixed parents, grandparents or other family members.
Share whatever you want, however you want. If you’re having trouble getting started, take a look at my story My Mixed Race Experience or others’ submissions, Mixed Voices, or use the following questions to prompt you:
- What is you or your family's mix?
- Why are you proud to be part of a Mixed Race Family?
- Where were you born, and where do you live now?
- If you are the child of mixed race parents how have they helped you embraced your mixedness?
- What challenges have you faced as a result of being mixed or being part of a Mixed Race Family?
- Do you celebrate both/all cultures? If so how?
Mixed Race Family welcomes submissions from people of all ages and backgrounds. If English isn’t your first language, or you need help writing your entry, we are happy to help and advise to conduct a telephone interview. By participating, you indicate that you agree to the terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions:
I thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.